Chinook Systems, Inc. is a leader in delivering lifecycle energy security solutions to mission critical government and commercial facility Owners. We specialize in the engineering, construction, commissioning, and operations of intelligent, cyber secure, code compliant, and energy efficient building systems. Chinook provides motivated individuals the opportunity to join a fast‐growing, innovative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment.
The Network Engineer is a strong IT/OT field engineer with specific experience performing network device discovery to define system architectures and hardware/software inventories. You will become part of a multi-disciplinary team that advises, implements, and manages cybersecurity and control system solutions for SCADA, HVAC, Fire Alarm/Life Safety Systems, and Electronic Security Systems. You will work alongside federal clients to help develop and implement risk management programs for their critical infrastructure.
- Provide project capabilities in design, network system documentation, and identification of FRCS/OT and IT components.
- Perform logical network scans to locate FRCS/OT components and assess network architecture and connectivity.
- Complete detailed network and dataflow diagrams.
- Implement Risk Management Framework programs for our federal clients.
- Enhance cyber awareness with clients and project teams.
- Work alongside federal clients to help them mitigate risk with the use of continuous monitoring and incident response.
- Establish security controls to ensure the protection of client systems.
- Implement cutting edge security tools for our federal clients.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing network architectures
- Strong documentation skills for maintaining accurate records of network configurations, system changes, and security measures.
- Experience performing network discovery, defining hardware/software lists, and developing network diagrams.
- Experience designing, procuring, configure and troubleshooting advanced network architectures to include servers, switches, and workstations.
- Experience working with RMF and NIST 800-53.
- Experience working with UFGS 25 05 11.
- Experience working with cyber security tools.
- Self‐motivated with highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience
- AT Level II Certification Required (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP certification), AT Level III Certification Preferred (CISSP)
- Certifications in Cisco, Juniper, Moxa, and/or other Network Switches Preferred
- Certifications in MS Windows Server, Active Directory, Enterprise OS Preferred
- Certifications in Linux Operating Systems Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Travel to and from local and remote project locations
- Walking construction sites with uneven surfaces and in dust-generating environments
- Climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/operating test equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Working near electrical and mechanical building equipment and systems