The Lead Controls Consultant will lead a technical team for Chinook. This position will be a SME and lead a team in client facilities. The Lead Controls Consultant will utilize experience in design, procurement, implementation, and operation of complex building automation systems to deliver value on internal and external client projects. The Lead Controls Consultant will manage key client relationships and manage resources.
Chinook has built a reputation for excellence in our industry and the Lead Controls Consultant will uphold that tradition by being diligent, proactive, solutions oriented and a facilitator of success for team members, both internal and external. The Lead Controls Consultant will project staffing needs, assign work, as well as provide mentoring. This position offers career advancement and the opportunity to make an impact on Chinook’s growth and market opportunities.
- Oversee BAS, Controls, and other system automation designs, shop drawings, programming, and installation.
- Manage in-house engineering designs and deliverables according to budgets and schedules.
- Manages Chinook’s technical team.
- Conduct design reviews, submittal reviews, reviews and facilitation of training plans, and O&M manual reviews
- Review and provide comments on designs for configuration, reliability, redundancy.
- Ensure programming and execution of Automation systems meets design intent for functionality and quality.
- Support BAS system as wells whole building commissioning efforts on related projects
- Provide quality assurance to ensure compliance with client criteria, codes, standards, and policies and procedures
- Serve subject matter expert (SME) in Automation systems and integration
- Work with senior leadership to grow our Engineering and Construction practice
- Oversee assigned staff
- Be responsible for the application of company policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field is preferred. Equivalent combination of education, technical training and experience will be considered.
- 8 years or of direct experience in Building Automation Systems (BAS) is required
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity is required
- Must have a superior track record of client satisfaction in mission critical facilities and a passion for analyzing, troubleshooting, optimizing, and upgrading integrated systems in aging facilities and campus environments.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of industry standards and practices i.e. ASHRAE, BCA, ACG, GSA
- The successful candidate will be leader who initiates action and can lead a team and provide multi‐discipline coordination.
- Effective communication and reporting skills at all working and management levels are essential
- Must be a creative, innovative, and solutions oriented thinker with the ability to understand and achieve goals and anticipate client needs
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office suite and scheduling software.
- Travel to and from local and remote project locations is required
- Walking construction sites with uneven surfaces and in dust generating environments
- Must be able to work a full day on a project site.
- Climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/operating test equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Working near electrical and mechanical building equipment and systems
- You have an OSHA 30-hour certificate.
- Tridium N4 Certified
- Experience with JCI and Distech
- NFPA 70E trained.
Bonus points if:
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be able to obtain/maintain up to Top Security clearance.
Chinook Systems, Inc. is a leader in delivering lifecycle energy security solutions to mission critical government and commercial facility Owners. We specialize in the engineering, construction, commissioning, and operations of intelligent, cyber secure, code compliant, and energy efficient building systems. Our solutions save millions of dollars in utility costs, reduce harmful emissions to the environment, and mitigate cyber‐attacks on facilities. Chinook provides motivated candidates the opportunity to join a fast‐growing, innovative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law